American is currently seeking a Traffic Engineer/Designer in our Wesley Chapel office.
RequirementsPerforming transportation and traffic analysis including traffic design plans signal design, lighting, signing and pavement marking and ITS. This will also include traffic studies, traffic simulation, traffic demand modeling using various software programs including MicroStation, AUTOCAD, HCS, Synchro, CORSIM, VISSIM and FSUTMS. Working with a team of professionals to investigate traffic problems and provide recommended improvements.
- Accredited Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or other professionally recognized equivalent discipline is a plus
- 5+ years of overall experience in traffic engineering and traffic design (including ITS, signing and pavement marking and signalization)
- Ability to work independently with general supervision
- Knowledge of FDOT requirements, Plans Preparation Manual, Microstation SS4 is mandatory
- Lighting Analysis & Design experience is a plus
- Signing & Pavement Marking Analysis & Design is a plus