American is currently seeking a Civil Engineering Student Intern in our West Palm Beach, Florida office.
American is a multidisciplinary firm specializing in planning, design, and construction services for transportation facilities. We are headquartered in Wesley Chapel, Florida and maintain branch offices in Florida and Georgia. American employees value teamwork, honesty, integrity, innovation, and personal accountability.
We offer paid internships for current college students (juniors/seniors), graduate students, or recent graduates (0-2 years). Internships include projects demanding critical thinking and real-world problem-solving skills focused on transportation in Civil Engineering.
Scope of Internship
Our interns grow through hands-on experience, technical and consulting learning moments, mentorship opportunities, and developmental assignments geared towards growing you as a future Civil Engineer.
As a valuable addition to our team, you will solve complex problems, assist project managers, and collaborate with partners to produce our clients’ visions for the future built environment. As a team member, there may be additional administrative duties as well.
As part of the program, interns will have clearly defined work products with expected outcomes.
- Gain hands-on learning experience through coaching and mentoring from experienced engineers.
- Apply the engineering principles you’ve learned in class in a professional environment – applied learning!
- Achieve a competitive advantage as you grow your Civil Engineering knowledge and applied skills.
- Begin to build a professional network in the Civil Engineering field.
- Introduce you to the Civil Engineering office and job-site environments.
- Earn a salary during the internship
We anticipate the summer internships to take place between May – August.
Our onsite internships are available at the following locations:
- Wesley Chapel, Florida
2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
- Pace, Florida
4489 Woodbine Rd., Pace, FL 32571-8726
- West Palm Beach, Florida
2041 Vista Parkway, Suite 101, West Palm Beach, FL 33411
- Conyers, Georgia
2047 Gees Mill Rd. NE, Suite 211, Conyers, GA 30013
- Dalton, Georgia
243 N Hamilton St., Suite 2, Dalton, GA 30720
- College students (juniors/seniors), graduate students, or recent college graduates.
- Candidates with demonstrated interest in civil engineering focused in transportation (structures, PD&E, roadways).
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Work, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Record of strong academic performance and drive to succeed
- Acts in a proactive manner with an ability to problem solve
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Introductory knowledge of CADD is a plus.