American is currently seeking a Graduate Engineer (Structures) / Engineer in Training (EI) for our Pace office.
This role will assist in the design, drawings, specifications, quantities, cost estimates, reports and other deliverables for transportation-related bridge/structural design projects using the FDOT Structures Design Manual, FDOT Design manual, as well as other local and national standards/criteria. An ideal candidate must have good communications skills, be well organized, be a team player, have a strong work ethic, have initiative, and a strong interest in Structures Design.
The position will develop proficiency OpenBridge Modeler and Designer and plans development. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is preferred. Knowledge of MicroStation, MathCAD and Bluebeam Revu is a plus.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Working as part of a design team and performing assignments under the direct supervision of a professional and/or Project Manager.
- Assisting in the preparation of structural design calculations for transportation-related structures.
- Assisting in development of plans, specifications, and estimates for transportation infrastructure projects, technical documentation utilizing applicable standards (State, County, City, and AASHTO)
- Assisting in progress reporting and maintaining project records and documentation.
- Performing site visits and fieldwork as required.
- Assist with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited school.
- Fundamentals Exam (FE) or Engineer Intern (EI) registration, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong critical thinking, verbal, and written skills
- Willingness to learn and professionally develop.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong professional work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to work independently or with a design team.
- Industry experience
- Experience using OpenBridge Modeler and Designer, MicroStation, AutoCAD, or Civil 3D.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret job-related manuals and documents.