American Consulting Professionals is seeking an experienced Senior Environmental Scientist/Project Manager with a background in Environmental Science, Natural Science, Ecology, or related field. This position will monitor environmental aspects of the project, technical leadership, quality assurance, inter-department and client coordination Experience with wetland delineations, species surveys and other related environmental tasks is required.
The Senior Environmental Scientist Project Manager will also be responsible for overseeing a team and coaching junior staff.
- Lead and oversee environmental consulting efforts including managing projects, schedules, and budgets to ensure deliverables meet company and client expectations.
- Write as well as review draft and final technical reports of findings; NEPA (and/or PD&E) documents; and permitting documentation. As needed, be prepared to draft reports and plans for assessments, investigations, and delineations that document methods and analysis.
- Oversee delineation of wetlands and other Waters of the US to quantify impacts for permitting through the US Army Corps of Engineers and/or the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- Oversee listed species surveys and conduct ESA Section 7 consultation with the US Fish and Wildlife Service and/or the National Marine Fisheries Service.
- Respond to technical/regulatory inquiries from federal, state, and local and federal agencies as well as public and private organizations or individuals.
- Conducts technical reviews and makes recommendations on permit applications or other various regulatory submissions to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Interact with project managers, design colleagues, and construction personnel before, during, and after project implementation. Maintain schedules and checklists that identify work-in-progress, particularly tasks completed and tasks remaining.
- Assist in preparing scopes and schedules for PD&E studies and other related tasks.
- Help lead proposals, technical approaches, and fee estimates and participate in presentations/interviews for the development and pursuit of new business.
- Projects will be both long-term and short-term in duration and be of varying complexity. May perform field work often in harsh environments.
- Contribute on multiple projects concurrently. Lead efforts to complete proposals, scopes cost estimates, and invoices.
- Mentor and coach junior level staff regarding technical skills and project implementation.
- Consider/pursue opportunities that support the company’s objectives. Represent company at conferences and professional association functions.
- Some travel will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Natural Science, Ecology, or related field
- Ten+ years of direct experience in NEPA, and FDOT PD&E studies
- Direct experience with socio-economic/socio-cultural documentation in FDOT PD&E studies
- Substantial understanding of Florida’s environmental permitting process is required. Experience with permitting in other states a plus
- Registration as AICP, CEP, or PWS is preferred
- Proficiency with GPS mobile units, AutoCAD, and ArcGIS preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and demonstrated ability to prepare documents that are clear, concise, well-written and supported to present information understandably and persuasively about complex topics to clients, agencies, teaming partners, and other stakeholders.
- Positive attitude; flexible, strategic thinker able to take on a variety of tasks with strong verbal communication skills. Ability to work successfully independently and with a team.
- Familiarity with basic engineering concepts; ability to translate drawings with guidance
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- ArcGIS experience is preferred (specifically ArcGIS 10).
- Knowledge of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the Florida DOT Project Development and Environment (PD&E) Manual, contamination, air, noise, Section 4(f), contamination screening and sociocultural impacts evaluations is a plus.
- Wesley Chapel, Florida
2818 Cypress Ridge Blvd., Suite 200, Wesley Chapel, FL 33544