American is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager for our West Palm Beach office.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be expected to manage roadway/transportation-related design projects, lead engineering design, coordinate with multidisciplinary team members, and manage multiple projects that have significant client involvement. This position involves applying leadership, technical expertise, and project management experience to manage project teams on conventional design-bid-build and design-build transportation projects for FDOT, county, and municipal clients throughout Florida; as well as serve as the Engineer-of-Record (EOR). The candidate will provide supervision and mentoring of staff. Below is a list of essential duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of the horizontal/vertical alignments, temporary traffic control plans, quantities, cost estimates, pavement designs, reports (Typical Section Packages, Pavement Designs, etc.), and any other components involved in developing transportation-related projects.
- Perform quality control reviews.
- Prepare and manage project scopes, budgets, schedules, and communicate project progress/status to senior management as part of a periodic update process.
- Monitor/manage project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Communicate and coordinate with other design team members and across disciplines. Schedule and coordinate project meetings with the client, project team, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders on the project.
- Support marketing pursuits. This includes maintaining existing clients and developing new clients, participating in presentations and interviews, and participating in strategic business development meetings.
- Direct project team in compliance with project contract terms and monitor subconsultants’ compliance with contractual commitments.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in Florida and 10+ years of post-licensing PE experience.
- Advanced MOT certification
- FDOT Design Experience; including utilizing the FDOT Design Manual (FDM), FDOT Standard Plans and the AASHTO “Greenbook”
- Demonstrated experience in industry design software accepted by FDOT. Examples include MicroStation, ORD, Long Range Estimates/Preliminary Project Reports, Pavement Design, Design Exceptions and Variations
- Good technical, written and oral communication skills