American is currently seeking a Transportation Engineer for our Pace office.
As a Transportation Engineer, you will be expected to assist with a variety of project related tasks for various types of transportation related projects. Tasks may include developing horizontal and vertical geometry design for roadway projects, preparing roadway construction plans, estimating, budgeting, sourcing materials or services, developing/monitoring timelines and milestones, troubleshooting as issues arise, assisting in coordinating permitting process, assisting in overseeing work of outside contractors or affiliated departments, collaborating with various city/government agencies, and assist in coordinating communication to ensure all stakeholders are well informed of project status. The Transportation Engineer will also attend all required site meetings as well as record, distribute, and track action items resulting from team meetings.
This is an important role at American with very high growth potential.
- Provide assistance with technical project planning for minor and complex projects, including interactions with clients and contractors, for the duration of the project.
- Assist in establishing and monitoring schedules and budgets as they relate to assigned projects, and performing project site visits as needed.
- Assist in consulting with clients regarding project scope and deliverables, providing ongoing project updates, serving as a trusted partner for engineering expertise and guidance, and driving projects to successful completion.
- Provide technical assistance and support to other civil engineers, drafters, and administrative support to ensure the accurate and timely completion of projects, including the review and approval of documentation, to remain compliant with American and FDOT standards and requirements.
- Assist in gathering technical data from various sources to create accurate and informative design plans, reports, and other engineering documents to be used in the design-build process by our clients.
- Perform site analysis, design computations, research and prepare preliminary reports, feasibility studies, project plans, and costing information.
- Create and modify designs using CAD software (MicroStation) and other civil design software, and perform on-site inspections of assigned projects .
- Support and assist reviewing and approving necessary design changes and document revisions to create final technical documents and construction drawings.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 4+ years of transportation engineering experience.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is preferred or be able to obtain licensure.
- Experience with developing horizontal and vertical geometry design for roadway projects and preparing roadway construction plans.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret job-related manuals and documents.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with FDOT Design Manual (FDM), AASHTO Greenbook, Florida Greenbook, and MUTCD
- Experience working with Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
- Experience using MicroStation/ORD and/or AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D.
- FDOT Advanced MOT Certification